Travels for Thanksgiving!

Hi all - I got home fine.  Late.  Very late.  The plane in FFL (florida) had mechanical problems that took over 5 hours to repair.  We finally took off and I slept most of the trip to SJO (Costa Rica).  I was woken by the bumpy weather as we neared SJO.  Then the bumpy landing.  When I got off the plane the pilot was walking with me down the ramp and told me that we nearly didn't make it!  Weather and more mechanical problems.  He was hoping they would not make them fly back that night.  I later found out that they did not have to go. So I had to spend one nite in my favorite hostel in SJO -- Casa Ridgeway -- because I missed the buses to San Isidro de General (Perez Zeledon) for that day.  Wednesday morning I made my way to Musoc Bus for the ride to San Isidro, arrived just in time to catch the Bus for Angastora/San Agustin/Ciebo.  Unfortunately after the bus left I learned that the road from Angastora to Rivera (a town before San Agustin) was closed due to a landslide and mud that is impassable.  So - I walked, in the rain with my bags down the muddy slope that used to be a road, crossed the bridge over the river and waited for a neighbor to pick me up after they finished work for the day.  (Yes, I certainly have an adventurous life - and yes, I had to remind myself of that as my white sneakers turned redish mud brown color!)I got home with wet bags and all the packed items damp or wet as well.  Though I was safe I was very tired.  So I basically settled in yesterday and slept a lot during the day as well.  I woke this morning rested and anxious to get busy washing laundry and starting new projects when a neighbor called to ask if we wanted to go to town as they were heading that way and they offered to stop by a bank and grocery store for us.  So I am in town, bought the groceries already and am waiting to connect for the ride back home.  I am grateful for all the care and concern of the pilots, the airline (okay it's their job but hey...never know about these guys), the bus driver - Macho (his nickname), my neighbors and my family and friends online that all sent messages wondering if I was alright and got home safely.Thanksgiving was a wonderful feast - both TurkeyDays, Ariel's TurkeyDay at her house in St. Albans, ME and Jason & Judy's at their home in Hartland, ME.  Visiting with my sister Linda & Steve was also a treat, I enjoy sharing walks, shopping and talking (of course talking!) and food while visiting with them.  Steve makes an awesome seafood chowder! (yes I love Raw Foods and aim for a MOSTLY raw and definately simple lifestyle - I am, however, human and at times eat other things)So I am safely home.  Glad to be back in the tranquility and simplicity of my Ranchito project, enjoying the new solar toys I brought back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?