Oh Simple - I think not...

Yesterday was window day. I pulled the front window out to repair a leak and reseal with new butyl tape. Easy peasy 1 or 2 hour job.... well not so much in the heat. It was around 95F yesterday. We are in the midst of a heatwave. So the removal went quickly and smoothly.



I put some shower water out to heat up and since it was hot, I piddled with inside stuff like... removing the old water tank and hot water heater.


Then...darn

About an hour away from Kathleen's bbq time. Its time to reinstall the window. A distant sound of thunder and a dark cloud added to my anxiety as I opened the butyl tape package and it was all melty and gooey.... I was up to my elbows in goo really quickly! Anyway I glopped it on and after a good 1.5 hours Wolf helped me lift the window back in place as we felt 4 or 5 rain drops.... yup I live in AZ, thats all we got today! The window back in, we pulled our late for the bbq butts together and went to have chicken at Kathleen's tiny vintage Terry trailer home. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?