A Simple Work Party Update

8 am this past Friday was my Work Party. I was able to purchase enough tposts and one more roll of fencing. Unfortunately the fencing has not yet arrived. We did, however,  install all the posts and had a few leftover.

My neighbor Debbie,  her husband Frank and grandson came as did another neighbor, John. John brought some water for my bulk tank and lots of tools. We made quick work of the fence and two cowboy or Texas gates made with leftover fencing. The gates may change over time as they arent too secure, they will keep a cow out for the time being.

Around 10 am Kathleen came with ice and a cold drink, we took a break for introductions and a drink. It was a hot sweaty morning. Then she tackled removing my old rusted licence plate and taking hinges and bolts off an old gate to save for parts. We finished up about noon. All the posts are set so wiring on the remaining new roll of fencing should be manageable.  That roll of fencing should arrive on Wednesday. I like that so many products can be bought online and delivered nearly anywhere these days. Technology has some benefits.

As John was saying his goodbyes,  I got a phone call from Ken who is an RTR and Wintercount buddy from Phoenix. He didn't have complete directions and was 3 miles away. Since Ken is on his way to Moab and other locations north of here, he decided to stay a few days. Hes been enjoying walking around barefoot and piddling (ha, some was more like work) with projects that I was needing a hand with. We finished patching the subfloor and even moved a dead tree that was very close to the trailer. With all the water on site i have been able to offer solar heated showers, which is nice. We've burned a little trash, killed a few rats in a trap made of a bucket of water and burried them.

Ozzie seems very happy and more settled in the fenced area. He even picked up a tenis ball that has been laying around and played alone with it for quite a while.

I think we will enjoy the changes...

And then the AZ Monsoons started! A gentle rain on Saturday afternoon then again, late Sunday with lightening in the distance and Monday afternoon a good soaking downpour. I got to test the trailer for leaks.  Ive got two things to fix, my roof vent needs weatherstripping and dripped some. But darn there is the roof vent for the refrigerator that i was planning to remove some day...its leaking and running into the wall so that quickly becomes a higher priority! And think about how many other people who live in trailers have leaks behind things and dont even know it!

I  will be in town a couple days, got stuff to take to Pancho at the junk yard and I need to stop in and help out scrapper Mike. I need to stock pile more food in case I cant drive out a few days during rainy season. My Honda is not 4 wheel drive. I also have a goal to get Kathleen a water storage tank over at her place, (of course its not DP - DrPepper) it can be difficult adjusting to the Monsoons for many people. I had a few days with very little usable water my first year

Path to a gate with a view!

This is where the patio will be next year. I want to pave it with this kind of blocks tho cant afford it yet. 
Soon I  will build my brick oven and outdoor kitchen where the grill is sitting now.

My bulk water tank and work area... shovels, wheelbarrow (thanks SB) ... and front tongue of trailer. The fence isnt finished behind the trees.

Well, thats all for now, tnanks for visiting and
Keep it Simple Sweetie

Simply,
Lesa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?