I am Simply going to LHC...

Jamie of Egmatic Nomadics is holding the 2nd Annual Van Build in Lake Havasue City, November 1 - 14, 2017. I will be there.

Last year, I watched the build crew go through their very busy days and collapse around dinner time mostly with a cold drink in their hand! This year I am doing something about that. Lots of work needs nourisment - so im doing something i do well. I volunteered to cook for the work crew!

Yup its a major undertaking.

Sooooo I am beginning my planning as well as my winter event kitchen set up.

When I travel alone i have very simple needs. Mostly, if i have hot water im pretty good. This is different and I want my bigger pots and things. I dont know if I'm only cooking for 4 or 5 people or for 15 - 20. I might not know till I arrive!  I need to be flexible AND I have health issues that can seem unusal to many others. I cannot use propane! So I  have decided to let you readers in on my planning process. I get asked about this all the time anyway so hang on lets go on a Simply Lesa is planning out her basecamp kitchen ride!


I wont be bringing my travel trailer on the road this year. It needs wiring for running lights, tires, heat... and an appropriate tow vehicle.

I can tow. And I don't love towing. I could get a small trailer and bring stuff that way...but I'd have to spend money and its not very simple...its not very me!

I miss the simplicity of living out of a backpack, where everything I own is with me. It's definately simple to make a change of plans and just stay longer or go left instead of right when everything is with you.  Mind you Simple and Easy are two very different things!

I  made a big mistake last year that cost me between $800 and 900. Darn I would be so much closer to my goal of being out of debt had I not done that. I'm not wanting to make another mistake that costs money this year. I'm so close to my goal! Financially moving around costs more than staying in one place. Its also boring as heck!

Space wise, I would prefer that everything fits IN the Honda! That's not very practical in this situation, besides the rear portion of the Honda is my bedroom!

Last winter I bought the cargo basket for the roof. Since I think that I should use what I have (this is a really good and thrifty idea people), it would be a great idea to simply travel with everything in and on the Honda, duh!

I have too much stuff - oops how did that happen in my minamalist lifestyle...I have too much stuff! Yikes! Freak out!

Oh okay, so there's some stuff i got only for the trailer...like a down comforter, a few cleaning supplies, the heavy firepit and racks, and bulk water tank...oh yes, they stay here don't they.... lol (you wanted along for the ride didn't you?)

Well let's take a break and look at Pintrest! Ya Pintrest picture ideas! Oooh googly eyes....

 I  could do this

na so much is outside 
it'd be hard to go shopping on the trip



Or um .. this...


 Well maybe...
Or ummmm


Yes, but we tried this already,
The wind blew it over and broke coffee cups and spilled stuff, 
What a mess..nope

Oh well, we're just gonna keep at this a bit
 as we K.I.S.S. the subject 
into reality!

For now
Simply,
Lesa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?