Simply getting ready for the RTR

Hi everyone, Ozzie and I have been doing our best to stay calm and healthy as we prepare for the upcoming RTR in Quartzsite, Arizona. The Rubber Tramp Rondevous officially starts tomorrow morning at a location in Scadden Wash. You can check out the details at Bob Wells' CheapRVLiving.com.

So you are probably wondering what we have been up to. We were given a solar panel for the car and we thought that we could relatively simply get it installed on the the roof rack of the Honda...well Amazon order glitches and other stuff and it's not happening... well yet at least. Then I had a bearing go on the car and parts haven't been available as we were told that they would be. So after some neighborly camper RTR mechanic help, we moved the car to a location on the access road to the RTR neighborhood. Then we set up a base camp. This location will be marked with blue and green ribbon or something and solar lights near a rock mile marker. I'm setting up my Canopy Tent which will have blue walls. It's much calmer for managing Ozzie and getting the car repaired as well as meeting and greeting people.

I'm so excited to see my RTR friends! More arriving daily! So I gotta get over and visit with Nelda & Jerry and Scott & Gen. Shane called to say that they were showing up later today. He also reminded me that Lily's birthday is tomorrow and we will need to borrow a table for cake and ice cream!

I'm not the only one that has had car problems so if you are able to help others please take the opportunity to do that. I met Vintage Van Dan at the laundry in Eberg this morning and his specially built slant 6 engine appears to need work due to a bearing about to spin (ok I don't understand all that but...)  He's brok-ish and needs to figure that out or a way to tow it home after RTR.

I put out another YouTube video this morning.... I had to reset both my tablet and phone to factory settings....darn and it's been a pain getting any constructiveonline stuff done.

The guys are waiting for me...more soon
Keep it Simple and Smile lots
See ya at RTR
Simply
Lesa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Weekly Update - CCT & Simply Me