Whew! Simply a stormy morning in Witch Well

Here you go.... I woke from a nightmare to a hail storm - incredible as it was 57 degrees outside in the past couple days


So then the sun came out and everything melted....encouraging for messing with outside projects! Aaron went off to help our neighors with a solar project.
And then a blizzard blew in complete with thunder. Yup Thunder! Kinda wierd....



So I  gave up any ideas of outside work, stoked up the Marine denatured alcohol stove, turned on the wifi, grabbed the phone, tablet, coloring book, journals and pens and hunkered down under the blankets with Ozzie.



As we began to warm up, after Ozzie made an outdoor trip, I put some snowy day comfort food on the stove.

Macaroni tomatoes and milk was what my family called this... I  make it Vegan Tomato Bisque most of the time. Today we added macaroni just cause...notice Nelda's grandma's silver spoon! (Cook macaroni,or leave it out, add canned tomatoes - I like whole best but diced works - then add salt and black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda so that the tomatoes don't curdle the milk [coconut milk doesn't curdle but I use it for the taste mostly] then add milk or coconut milk, which is what I use, and let it warm and sit before you eat it. Yummers!

 Just as I began to settle back into the blankies to warm my toes...Aaron returned.  We are all caught up on the daily news so I'm back to writing...

Justin and Deborah are here. They arrived last week as the first of guests coming for the March 31st Spring GTG dinner event. We should have more guests arriving this week unless the weather scares them away.  I believe Ken and then Pat should arrive soon, about 23 people have RSVP'd so far.

Justin has a lot of energy and has been very helpful getting some of my outside projects started! Deborah is a massage therapist and will take appointments while they are here. They are planning to leave on a cross country motorcycle trip after my GTG!

I need to get you all some pictures of the projects and landscaping taking place in my yard. The BIG project coming up is to add a heated sunroom onto the current trailer so these stormy times are more manageable. The plan is to have a nice woodstove in that room that will help heat both that room and the trailer. I'm also adding a small shed and upgrading my outdoor kitchen. I have plans for a future small grow room for food as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?