Simply Moving Right along!

I have decided that it is time to get a carport built. It will cover both the trailer and my patio space. I'm also going to screen in the patio space and make storm panels for winter use.

A buddy from town will soon add a roof over my outdoor kitchen, using found materials.  I don't know the schedule yet, so I don't know if this will be done before the community dinner during this fall's GTG.

Financially, I am now, approximately $1000 short of being completely out of debt. I have been kind of stubborn, which has been good for me in this case. My stubbornness about paying off my own debt has been teaching me how to be more careful. It has taught me the freedom of not being a slave to societies bill paying lifestyle. I needed to do this alone. You may understand I got myself into this and I have to get myself out!

Over the years, many followers have generously offered to help me financially. I have always declined. I even refused to monitize this blog or my YouTube channel which may change in the next few months.

I was talking with a friend this week, she encouraged me to let you know what I am getting prepared to do to improve my life and allow you to help, if you want to. So here we go...

I have priced the supplies, lumber, labor and metal roofing. I have also researched when and how to proceed. I could get a Home Depot credit card, buy all the supplies and have the work done in the next few weeks. Then work diligently to pay off the card in 6 months or less. (Kind of like a mortgage or house payment)

Here's what I need:
3 - pressure treated 4x4x14' posts
6 - pressure treated 4x4x10' posts
1 - 2x10x14' center ridge
2 - 2x8x14' facia board
9 - 2x8x14' framing boards
8-10 sheets OSB
Cement
Cement tubes for posts
Screws/nails/connectors
10 - 14'x36" sheets of metal roofing
Gutter and down spouts or Rain chains and rain barrels
Solar roof mounts and hardware (my flex panel is failing so I will need to upgrade the solar system and mount in a different location)
Stove pipe to install the new Grizzly stove inside the trailer
Stove pipe, rope gasket and high heat paint for the antique coal stove to be installed in the screen room on the patio.
I'd love to finish the patio floor.

Let me hear your thoughts and ideas about this next project.
If you would like to help me financially, let me know how you want to do that. You can always donate for free using PayPal.me/SimplyLesa

Sincerely
And Simply
Lesa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?