RT Simply an update for you guys

Hi RT and all my followers.

RT - (IfItFitsVanLife), used the gadget on my home page to contact me. She asked me to please write an update because she misses hearing about my life...so here goes.

~~~~

I was thinking about an update but I have been rather depressed.

I'm not sure about my direction in life though I understand that it's my current health situation that is kicking my butt right now.

I injured my back, then fell more than once and sprained my ankle badly. I'm staying with a neighbor until I get my Woodstove installed for managing better heat. It's been good rest and encouragement to not have total responsibility. It's been good for Ozzie to have extra hugs and a doggie friend to pal (and Chase the cat - bad doggies,) with.  

I woke early this morning with goal setting on my mind. Knowing that my friend is pushing me to go to town with her today. I will go (we didn't go after all, it started hailing and we have to go Thursday for an appointment). I have a package at the Post Office, likely the stove pipe for my heater! 

My current frustrations have been 1. the waiting. Drs appointments are way far off - after Thanksgiving. Another frustration 2. has been both my fear of falling down so far away from any help. The Dr prescribed a walker for me, I requested a 4 wheel drive version - but it has been over a month and the supplier and Drs office still haven't gotten it together to get me one. Frustration 3 - perhaps is more a disappointment? I miss myself, the enouraging, kind, helpful me. The me who loved going to my counseling group and checking in with the 'girls'. I miss my excitement for traveling and encouraging others to Simply try one teenie tiny turtle step thing different and to try it consistently enough to see the change possible. I miss knowing. Being sure. Having no doubt...that I am okay and that God always has my back. (My eyes are leaking)

During this time, I have watched a lot of movies and DVDs. I began paying a little more for my phone service to have unlimited talk time. I no longer have internet service as the great deal I had is no longer available. I am a thinker, so much sometimes it gets in the way. I'm an early riser and love waking to natural light. I like it dark when I sleep. I'm also into Simplicity, Nature and Minimalism - it grounds me. I guess I am an Empath as well. Other's emotions and ideas can affect and distract me. I have to work hard to find and hold dear the balance of alone and together that keeps my life focus and my ethics, beliefs and routines strong.

During this time I feel this reminding to continue in my simplicity - it keeps me strong. To surround myself with the birds, they bring the daily reminder that the great "I am" daily feeds, clothes and loves them as well as us. 

In my space - yes, oh my I miss my space - I am realizing  mistakes. I need to be mobile. I come and go from my property to re-ground my spirit when the world of others is too loud. One mistake is in the permanence of my current trailer. A trailer that truly has seen better days. It's intention was to quickly get a roof over our heads. It has done that and will get us through this current time of healings and cold weather. When this current situation changes,  it's time to have an automatic transmission. Shifting my Honda has not even been possible since I got hurt. My home needs to be mobile so I can at least park in a driveway or rent an RV space, like in town, if I need help in the future. I often wonder about a fiberglass trailer like a Scamp or a home built Vardo. I also think about Short Skoolies, Van's and motorhomes like the Rialta. I don't have a clue what will come my way... I do see change coming. Athough I do like the Simplicity of traveling kind of Overland style in my Honda and having a safe place to return to when I need to recharge myself.

Another mistake is relying on a used solar system. What I had was a gift. It has served me well. It basically died - the used flexible panel failed and the used and aged battery now only transfers power. Prior to this system, I used the power from my car to charge battery operated items. I was able to manage and financially maintain this simple power sytem. I think I prefer that. I, also, am sensitive to the electrostatic waves and understand the health benefits of living with more natural light and living with the day/night sun cycles. I prefer that and, yes I do have lights and I do have a managable small solar system which helps provide power for my phone, DVD player, tablet, lights, radio etc. The only items that require larger power is my batteries for the cordless tools (I do love my Matrix set and new chainsaw) and my new Alpicool refrigerator (which I used one week when the solar was dying lol). The tool batteries can be charged when driving in the car. The refrigerator - I have lived without one many years so I am not sure how I feel about it. I'm now staying is home that is off grid with a large solar array and a large refrigerator. I am taking stock of how I use one while staying here - it already reminds me that I like cold almond milk and the occasional cold drink!

Well that's what has been happening.

Hugs 

and Love

Keep it Simple

Lesa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?