March Winds signals Spring!

Hey all! I am getting ready for my Technology Free Saturday again. It starts in a few minutes - I have been doing this off and on for years, beginning at sunset on Friday evening and ending sunset on Saturday. I like having a day when I don't answer the phone. Often Ozzie and I read a real book and get outside for a long leisurely walk.

Ozzie and I are just sharing an afternoon snack of unsweetened carob chips and an Amazing Grass flavored water. We walked the driveway today - I try to do that every other day. Sometimes the weather gets in the way but I get right back as soon as it clears up. 

Our most recent weather is on a gradual curve upwards in temperature! Finally, this pattern actually marks the switch into Spring here in Witch Well! This past week we had more snow, then crazy March winds, and today 50F sunshine! Yeah sunshine! Of course, with the snow melt, comes the puddles and mud that makes driving on dirt roads nearly impossible. I have learned, over the past 5 or 6 years, which puddles to watch. If there is any puddle in my driveway, I don't go out because ACR 7231 will be a rutted mess or may have an impassable deep puddle. Now if the driveway is dry, then I have to check the free range cattle's splash pool at the intersection of my driveway and ACR N7407 - if the water is in the 'splash pool' and the road both, then N7407 is impassable. If the road is dry I can get out!

So I have been unable to leave the property this winter, for up to 5 weeks at a time! I love it and I am tired of it at the same time!

Let me show you my chives and spring onions peeking out of the ground.

You all have a great day tomorrow. I will talk with you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?