Simply Wednesday Weekly Update - 3 June 2015

Weekly updates really show me how quickly time seems to fly past!

Ms Cheri and I spent last week in the same area of Tonto National Forest as we did the week before. It has been a lovely quiet area in a pine forest. I continued my habit of an early morning fire since there have been no fire bans in place. I did need to be careful on hot and windy days. It is so easy for a fire to flare up and get out of hand. I'm very careful and all has gone well.

I had my first jewelry making class. Yup it's serious fun!

Vantucket had some repairs done in New Mexico last October. A rear axle had become so worn that it was not safe to drive. Hence part of the reasoning behind me selling the Scamp. The axle was repaired with a repair kit. I was so happy to have a driving vehicle again that I soon forgot about how serious a problem it had been. Last month when the brakes locked up and the mechanics could not identify the sticky gunk. ..we cleaned it up and went on with life, careful to pay attention for a repeat performance.  Last week or so,  while running errands I felt the same oddness in the rear brake as I had the day before the brakes locked up the first time.  So  I went to the shop and they could see the problem this time because it wasn't as bad. Unfortunately there was a leak in one of the seals in the repair kit that had been installed in New Mexico. The original estimate was about $200. Well the seal I needed can't be bought with out buying the repair kit. ..so new estimate at $400. Wow! Vantucket wasn't safe to drive so we fixed it and then I returned to camp and sat still.  For quite some time, I felt dazed as if I had become part of a surrealistic painting. You know like clocks were melting around me and stuff.

I entertained many ideas and possible options and decided that it would be best to 'wait with' this situation until I know...

My personal priorities and ethics (I think that is the right term) determined that I no longer incur debt - or I will not meet a goal. So today being payday, I came into town and paid Southwest Transmission and Tire the full amount. I also took my payment to Lori Chandler for Ozzie's classes. I made the decision to end classes for Ozzie right now partly because of my ability to pay for the remaining classes. I felt sad that today was our last class. We will continue to train and communicate with Lori. Other factors in that decision are that it's becoming too hot here and we have been in this area a long time. The police ran my plates the other day while I was in town and I'm so friendly that the rangers know me (if I'd only keep my mouth shut. ..na I gotta be me) and I have been camped in Tonto National Forest for the allowed 14 days. .it's time to leave this Forest and find a cooler location where I can sit still. I will have very little cash available for a while or at least this month which has just begun.

I paid all my bills for this month.
I stocked up at food pantries by asking politely for only items that are useful for me and Ozzie and returning items that I will not use.
I used my change jar money to fill all our water jugs. Some one left two quarters in the machine! Thank you!
I had a couple rubber bungee cords I had bought to use on the roof rack that just disintegrated in a few short weeks - I had the receipt and returned them for cash.
I returned another not so useful item - again for cash.
I used the free dump station at Giant gas station to scrub up the porta potty.
I used the cash from the refunds to buy gasoline and swiped my rewards card - the machine just kept printing coupons! I forgot that this is my birthday month - free coffee or soda and snack coupons good during the whole month of June. Kewl! 
I was treated to dinner. We shared it by meeting up with some good friends. I took a doggie box back to share with Ozzie. Then I walked him and we sat quietly and gently (and calmly yeah) picked seed pod stickers out of his fur.

It's been a busy and productive day. I feel satisfied that I have made good decisions. I also feel good knowing that when the next thing comes along that I will do what is needed - I will remember to use my priorities and ethics as guides.

And
I know that I have some of the healthiest relationships and support in my community of friends.

Hugs to you all -
Simply,
Lesa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?