Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

I just posted this message on social media:
Good Friday July 28 Morning! 

I need to ask for help. 
I have been stranded in the Nevada heat for over a month. My engine blew and needs replaced. 
Helpful donations can be sent using
PayPal.me/simplylesa  
CashApp - $simplylesa 
www.buymeacoffee.com/simplylesa
More detailed information on www.SimplyLesa.blogspot.com and in  @SimplyLesa ​ YouTube videos as well as in my Keep Living Simply Facebook Group.
~~~~~~~~
MORE!

For those of you who are readers, let's give you a little more information so it's hot I'm camping with the Chevy Tracker at the home of the mechanic that is behind his auto repair shop. 

As you might imagine this is a challenging situation because I'm at the mercy of other people and deliveries and there's a lot of unknowns in this situation.

Some of you are aware that I do have a monthly income that is SSDI and at this current moment is $1,000 per month. I have monthly expenses that include car insurance of $64 a month, low income Amazon prime at $7 a month, a Credit Union loan in the amount of $257 a per month, and Google cloud storage of $4 per month. I also have the expenses for transportation and groceries and household items. I do my very best to be a Frugal shopper though I do have a strict diet in order to stay healthy and to manage my autoimmune disease.

I was able to find an order an engine. That engine was supposed to be delivered yesterday it has not been delivered. The mechanic shop has other projects that with the delay of the delivery of the engine get pushed ahead of my job. 

My needs for water bathroom and power for charging my phone are taken care of by the family sharing those things with me. There is an outside electrical outlet 20 ft from my car where I can charge my phone. Remember the engine having been removed and the battery having been removed from my car I am not able to use my current solar system.

In order to shop for groceries I have been able to go to the store when the mechanic's family needs to go to town 35 mi away but often that is at a moment's notice I have 10 minutes to go to the bathroom grab your wallet I'm going now I'll run you by the grocery store that becomes a challenge food storage this family has a small chest freezer with enough space for me to use. 

When the engine does arrive I am aware that there will be more costs involved I already paid for specific parts for my tracker that will not be used most likely things like head gaskets that once we found the cracked engine block as well as the cracked heads that part had a sticker on it from RockAuto that said not returnable so I paid for that I will take that with me when I leave but I also have bought 6 gallons of the wrong antifreeze so I need to buy 3 gallons of the kind that I need there will of course be things like possible timing belts and other possible parts we will need to check to make sure that this engine is installed properly so there will be more small charges that I don't even know what they are yet. I have done everything I can to use only my own money I have asked for prayers and any guidance from anyone who might be mechanically minded or helpful in those ways. Information has been helpful I have been able to talk to my friends who also have trackers or sidekicks or are zukes of Arizona members and others. I really appreciate all the help guidance and prayers so far.

With the delay of this engine I just foresee more time and energy on a personal emotional note it's challenging for me to hear interactions in a family and of course my PTSD sort of shows up in the form of if I hear certain tones and inflections my muscles tighten as I prepare for the unknown to come from people that's not happening but it's a learning and growth experience in my healing from my past traumas it is a challenge and it is draining.

Others in my closed circles of friends have suggested that I create some kind of fundraising and I didn't want to I've stayed away from that as much as I could I realize however that I am going to need more help financially to get through this I have already suggested to the mechanic and his wife that I would barter away some of my equipment from the tracker that is specifically my weboost cell phone booster that is only a year old and my GoPro 5 camera they're considering those items. There will be an additional cost of $885 that include to 10% senior discount just to install the engine that does not include any extra parts that we find need to be replaced or any extra belts or hoses I don't at this current moment know all the details because those will show up as things happen as time goes on. 

At the present moment I'm kind of in a take a deep breath and wait and just be ready for anything that happens. So I'm taking my friends advice and putting it out there that I'm going to need more help financially to maneuver this and we'll just see what happens I am 40 miles I believe from a town so I cannot just walk somewhere and get something I am 2 hours and 15 minute drive from a Walmart or a town that's large enough to have a Walmart that is not something that I'm able to maneuver with no vehicle I have no opportunity in this situation it's a very rural town there's no opportunity for me to get rides or anything like that. This town also has limited resources there is a gold mind about what 35 miles from here so even in the grocery stores or the gas stations the prices are much higher than normal because the average person works at the gold mine and makes quite a bit of money there's no thrift stores no food banks but with my diet food banks are difficult for me to maneuver so there aren't things where I can get help in that form I appreciate all of your thoughts comments and help if you know me personally give me a call send me a text message on my phone number is fine I'm trying to give you as much information as I can with out giving you the emotion of crap this is scary crap this is hard crap it's been so long I just want to freaking go home....

I think I'm doing well using the wisdom that God has given me and the the emotional stability that I've learned and grown to heal enough to to have at my disposal and I continue to do my best with everything you know I help where I can I feel at a loss for what else to give you for information but this is my reality today and I thought I'd share as best that I can. 

The following pictures are pictures of the shop with other vehicles pictures of the backyard where my tracker currently is where I'm sleeping I do my best to stay on one side of the car when it's shady and then move to the other side of the car in the afternoon when that shady I'm probably not exercising as much as I should but I'm weeding and doing what I can yeah. I gifted this family my shade cloth and solar dragonfly lights awnings poles rebar steaks paracord to create a shady spot to hang out and to help their house be cooler I have helped them create a seating area where often in the evenings when the mosquitoes aren't too bad we hang out there together and visit but I also try to keep myself separate from their family because I feel that's the right thing to do.

That's what I have for here today!

Comments

  1. Kniw hermana que estoy orando por ti. Si pudiera te enviara algo pero lamentablemente estoy llevando mi troca para que me lo arregla. Todo es un enseñanza y recordemos que el Creador provee siempre a tiempo precisó 🙏🙏🤗👊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keep it Simple - huh?