SIMPLY 2017 RTR and some wandering thoughts!

Hi friends!
It has been a long time since I posted.  I was hoping to start blogging with internet service and a new tablet around the first of January 2017.  Well, for some unknown reason - Mobile Solutions never filled my order and I have begun the refund process through Amazon's Payment services department.

I left home for some winter traveling earlier than I wanted to.  I decided to give a newbie traveler my assistance early.  Because of that I traveled across I40 through Winslow, Flagstaff and Kingman AZ spending a few days in each town.  I eventually ended up in Lake Havasu City AZ and after bumping into an old RTR buddy in WalMart attended Jamie from Enigmatic Nomadics van build party event.

A fellow vandweller acquaintance - Jay - passed away during that time and I helped his Significant Other with the amazingly confusing and messy details before sending her along her way back north to family members.

I seem to only get a couple days rest and relaxation at a time - I sold a couple travel trailers that I updated or 'flipped' and made it down to Ehrenberg AZ to mentally regroup in a familiar location now only using the Honda "bedroom" again.  Some rain and cold days felt discouraging tho were manageable.  Bob Wells of CheapRVLiving and RTR (Rubber Tramp Rendevous), was camped in a nearby campsite and asked to make a couple YouTube videos of me.  Which we did one afternoon - thankfully he didn't show the tripping over a dog blooper! yup skinned my knee and all is well.

I moved over to the RTR campsite a few days early and set up my camp a distance from the center of activity to be sure I could manage the 'fun'.  That didn't help too much as a whopping 600 or so people showed up! One night before the event even began I woke up to use my outside potty and found a couple of drugged up drunk people IN my camp - after a failed attempt at a solution I called 911. Incredibly the police only took 5 minutes to arrive and solved the problems quickly.  The people who are attending RTR this year are incredibly different than the groups and friends I have enjoyed before.  There are some very rude, inconsiderate and perhaps entitled people around in 2017.  What happened to the down to earth groups of the past.  Well - I connected and reconnected with many friends and thank God that my new basecamp tent was LOST - yup - by UPS!  Had it been delivered on time, I would have set it up and NOT been able to leave quite as easily.  So I moved over to a far away wash with a down to earth buddy from a prior RTR and was able to actually get sleep last nite.  Ozzie has been doing a great job, he has however needed his anxiety medication a few times.
I keep remembering that This too will change! It always does - the weather, the anxiety level, the I woke up sad, or I woke up happy feeling - it all changes - all the time and its a GOOD thing even when it doesn't 'feel' like it!

We will chat again soon - me and my Off-Grid - Off-Line - Keep It Simple Sweetie lifestyle! Hugs and Love to you all.

Simply,
Lesa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?