Holiday Hello

Hi everyone!
Happy whatever you like to do during the winter - if its holidays or just snow days or what have you!

I am still spending my days around the general area of St. John's AZ.  Yes, I truely am buying land here.  No I am not DONE traveling - I am a traveler or adventurer or something by nature.

I apologize that I don't own a camera nor do I have any pictures to share right now.  It snowed here about a week ago and again last night.  We have had 5 inches of the fun white stuff!

I am bunking with friends for the time being while it is so cold and not too good for camping.  My trailer project is coming along nicely and will see a little break in work due to the cold, the snow and its forthcoming melt which will bring mud... pretty good idea since all the work has been taking place outside.  By the way, if you want to renovate or bring life to an older trailer please do yourself a favor and figure out a covering while you are doing the work, if possible, because it certainly takes longer when you have to stop working because of the weather.

Ozzie is not with me right now.  Because the friend's I'm staying with have large dogs and cats, and the handyman friend who is assisting (or doing most of) with the renovations on the trailer offered to let Ozzie stay with him...so that's where he is.  I saw him last week - chunky butt buddy! the handyman guy likes to cook and he feeds Ozzie VERY well - I understand that Ozzie's favorite food is chicken!

My van - Vantucket - is up for sale - has been for a few months now.  I hate to have her just sitting around waiting on her new family - but hey - stuff happens.  She is parked at Jones Auto in St. John's waiting for a trade, partical trade or full sale! I keep her battery charged and start her often.

I'm still enjoying driving the SilverBullet - Honda.  Recently John at Jones Auto was able to replace the original computer and repair a problem that has resulted in the Honda feeling like a new vehicle.  Its so much fun to drive now - and its handy in the snow and rural town I am in.

I camped in the car until after the first snow, when I broke down and asked a local church to help me find a warmer way to get by until my trailer is finished.  They gave me a couple nites in a local hotel, which was a welcome change.  During that time I arranged for another situation and stayed there a few weeks.  That first place was challenging with dogs that will bite people, no bathroom and no kitchen.  I found a more comfortable situation about the same time that I got sick for a couple days....so having the bathroom and a shower was wonderful.  I'm able to be a positive help with the family and thier community of friends and it feels good.

I have begun to volunteer at the church's thrift store (the same one that put me up in the hotel).  I am having a great time spending time at the thrift store - decorating windows, cleaning stuff and stocking shelves.

Anyway - I've heard from a couple of you lately --- Evelyn, if you are reading this I lost your phone number - please send me a message and include your number.

Hugs to you all
I don't know about RTR and not sure if I'm going yet.
Simply,
Lesa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?