Simply a Recycled Morning!

Morning!

I made hot water on my rocket stove made out of a recycled chimenea chimney (say that 3 times fast!) this morning. You see I love to recycle kewl old stuff and make them useful again, besides that I like cheap to free! I got this piece about a month ago and finally got around to working with it. Being stuck at home, the 2 wheel drive Honda won't go everywhere that I would like it to. Its monsoon season and I 've had a few crazy thunderstorms that dropped an incredible amount of water in an hour. The ground can only soak it up so fast, so there are puddles. Some the size of lakes. Normally, given a day or two of sun and some breeze they dry right up - unless it rains again. I have slid in mud and wet puddles with both Vantucket and the Honda bedroom, so I learned to gauge when its more comfortable to drive out my road by the one closest big puddle-err lake! If it has standing water, I just go home and give it time, its way less anxiety producing. So here in am


Along with my coffee,  I  decided to check out what my nomad buddies have been doing. I miss them all terribly and I have had the urge to travel alot. I need to stick with my plan though, so I won't be going anywhere until it gets colder. I hope they will visit me when they are nearby.


Its fabulous to be able to pick up my tablet and login to the internet through my mifi jetpack nearly anytime I wish. Having a complete simple solar system has allowed me this luxury. And thanks to a neighbor who not only was generous but appreciated the help I continue to give others, without his assistance I wouldn't have this. Now its possible that some of you wonder why I didn't keep other solar systems or parts of systems that I had... the answer is that every other set up in my past needed something else, a battery, a charge controller, a whatever...I  simply couldn't afford to complete the set up, it didn't give me any improved functionality or, the kit I tested and sold at RTR was too bulky to live with in the Honda. Each other set up went to help someone else in need, that could either store it, use it or afford to add to it and get it functioning. A couple systems were sold along with the vintage trailers they lived in, waiting for additional parts. And NO this ones not going anywhere! Well, I do want to mount the panel on the roof. This one lives with this trailer, on my property. I may not be able to see or imagine very far into my future, but I have myself on a 5 to 7 year plan with this trailer. It's my place to come and go from for the next few years. I can't sell it, its for me. My car can't tow a trailer this size. And I will likely need a different vehicle in the next couple years and I would like an automatic and maybe 4 wheel drive (can I have that in a vintage pickup or minivan?). I need to save money for that because I want to pay cash for it when the time comes.





Thanks for stopping in again,
Keep it Simple Sweetie, 
Simply,
Lesa








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?