Simply Poopie!

After a busy week I am finally straightening up after the GTG.
This year's event was great and we had some lovely people here.... and I have an annoyingly nasty comment to make.
Trash.
I am pretty vocal about how to dispose of trash at MY property. I use a burn barrel for wood scraps, paper, burning labels off food cans (like a vegetable or chili can). I have a public toilet set up where a porta potty can be dumped. I have bins for aluminum - which gets donated to the local church; one for glass and items that cannot be burned - like old lighters, aerosol cans and plastic bottles.
I inform people who visit, often through email, then verbally how to use my system. Some people blow me off in mid sentence because they know better than me what to do.
Now I also allow both dog poop to be bagged and burned and human waste bags to be burned --- with strict instructions to burn small amounts, douce it good with lighter fluid and burn it thoroughly.
Well - as you can see by the pictures, I had to deal with an extremely full barrel after everyone left this week. In order to empty it, I had to first turn it over...and OH MY ... Maggots and unburnt poop and partially burned blankets and aerosol cans and glass and aluminium and spoiled food -- AND I HAVE TO SORT THIS MESS OUT! Yuk poo pooie yuk ick - I hope you get the idea.



Comments

  1. after spending years working garbage/recycling as a living... People just dont care.. if they can just drop it and forget it.. thats all that matters :( sorry you had to deal with that

    ReplyDelete
  2. no good deed goes unpunished... get rid of burn barrel when they are there. get rid of them. get a trail camera, find culprits get rid of them. maybe if they know about the cam and being uninvited next year maybe that will help. don't bet on it. think about how they treat the rest of the world. actually please don't.... maybe this is why i don't have any friends... raz i'l show myself out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ishda, kid so sorry to hear.
    But simply poopie is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awful! Here you are being generous and you're literally treated like sh*t. Some people can be so thoughtless! Im sorry you were left to deal with that. I suggest you make them carry out whatever they bring in for themselves. No more receptacles for public use. Shame on them! You deserve better

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?