What's Up Wednesday!

Monday, Ozzie and I decided that it was time to travel! So we packed up the car and by 7:30 am we were on the road. Because of the recent rains, we needed to stop in St John's at the Post Office to pick up the Amazon packages that had come in last week.

We then drove route 180 over to Holbrook. It feels so good to be on the road. And I have changed since my last travels - I noticed things that I hadn't before. Did you know that Holbrook has an actual A&W Restaurant?! How kewl is that. I think I will plan to stop for lunch the next time I pass through. Onion rings and a root beer float (well a taste of one)! As we were leaving Holbrook, we noticed the Kiwanis Dog Park. So we stopped and Ozzie got some excessive. He seemed a little afraid of the rusty steel 'Woof 66' dog cut out. We really had a very relaxing trip to Winslow. Then stopped by Walmart for a few groceries. I thought we were going to meet up with Dave Diffner and then go over to the Mt Hood campsite. He went directly there and thought some other friends were there, but they had left already. We met up with Dave about 2:30 in the afternoon.

Within minutes camp was set up and we were all chilling in the shade! This is Simply going to be a great trip!


Night number one reminded me of the oh my I have to use the bathroom at 3 am and I don't want to open the door and wake the neighbors or fill the car with mosquitos, or make the lights come on situation. Well I managed but not without making laundry! (Oh my perhaps too much information) I remember that I used to have a plastic coffee can and lid and a towel that I could lay across the bedding to catch drips. See ideas come back to us when we need them. In these situations baby wipes are amazing even if I am sensitive to them. I am glad we only were here for one night.

Day two - well I have a Dr appointment in Flagstaff, and I will need to wash laundry. I left Ozzie to ride with Dave over to Flagstaff. I didn't want him to be alone while I was busy. 

Appointments done. Off to do laundry - well, phone GPS took me to construction sites. Rather frustrating when things they don't work well. Laundry did get washed. Then I got lost again making my way to a familiar location to get water...got turned around inside the store and had to ask the way to the front of the store. Rolling my eyes. I was too tired, had not eaten lunch and was out of my element. I felt very overwhelmed as I made my way over to the campsite.

I didn't settle in very good. I had groceries and things kind of all over without organization - not very my like the Simple me. I did sleep well, even watched a movie first. 

Ozzie has seemed a bit overwhelmed too. Although today we reorganized the car. We both need to take change slowly and with care. 

It's beautiful here under the tall pines and away from home, I am remembering how to listen to others, to hear them and to make the decisions best for me. For me and for Ozzie.



Comments

  1. Hi Lesa, good to hear you're out and about. So, you're up in the Flagstaff area. I'm currently on a mountain ridge outside of Payson off Rt 260 toward Heber. It's gorgeous up here, but the last couple days have been extremely windy. Today, the wind appears to have subsided a bit, but the high temp may just barely reach 70°.

    Next time you see that A&W, stop and get that root beer float. I found an A&W in Tucson - and did the deed and enjoyed every last drop.

    Happy trails,
    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ed, nice to hear from you. I so will stop in at A&W next time!
    I hope to see you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lesa, I just watched your video on CheapRVLiving, and I really enjoyed hearing about your ingenuity! I am jealous of your lifestyle, as I so wish to get away from my boring untraveling life. I did take the first step though by quitting my stressful corporate job. I now do food delivery to help pay for my expenses. :) Anyway, I wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also just watched your video (parts 1 and 2) on cheap RV living. I am in the market for something myself, my 2 dogs, 2 kids and a few other critters can hit the road in. It's so hard to find anything I can afford to buy on a budget but I am looking into buying a bus and building my own. I've been looking so long I'm on the verge of packing our little Hyundai sonata with the tent and taking off on my own for a few weeks to be honest. I am so itching to get traveling, I can hardly wait on finding a camper and getting going. This living in sticks and bricks has never been for me but i had to get my babies raised, now the last 4 (of 8) are teenagers and i am ready to go. I envy you so much and cannot wait to join you guys on the road. Happy and safe travels to you and Ozzie. Enjoy it for me to!! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a blog to watch for sure. I think you have a really awesome writing style by the way. Very easy to read. Your blog design is so clean too! Thank you all the hard work!

    Sympli pants

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Weekly Update - CCT & Simply Me