Good morning Blog friends!

This morning I'm hugging the shade in a very sunny campsite. You see I've been on a long road trip with my Chevy Tracker. I'm enjoying watching the butterflies dance around the almost at the end of their life thistle in the field beside me. I can see mountain tops in the distance with their little evergreen trees poking up from the top. Those evergreen trees sort of remind me of five day stubble of a man's beard.



I learned this morning of a close friend's wife passing.

Travel is a wonderful perspective changer. I believe it takes us outside of ourselves. It allows us to interact with total strangers and with totally different environments. Travel allows us to experience the noise in our head, our thoughts and beliefs as well as our daily routines completely different. We have the opportunity to rethink reprocess our beliefs as we travel. I know I do. I often travel without a radio or a podcast I often drive with the silent meditative prayerful space that I'm given as the scenes unfold in front of my windshield. As I wonder why did that farmer Park that tractor where it is so far from the barn.  I might wonder why those settlers built a house there where that historic marker is. I might spend time trying to imagine the feelings or the experience or the sights and sounds that the early settlers would have had riding in their wagons for weeks and months to get places that take us a few hours. I might spend time asking the great creator for guidance with a challenge in my own daily life or a character flaw that I feel I have.

I recently noticed that my body and my emotional thoughts want to react in a way that I've learned in my educated part of my life is not in line with who I am today. I've done a little research on people healing or recovering from trauma. This "muscle memory" or "emotional muscle memory" seems to be quite an important piece of awareness as someone heals from a trauma ordeals with a PTSD event.

I'm growing. I'm changing. I'm healthier. I feel happy. This is life. This is a happy part of my simple sometimes life.


I have seen some of the most beautiful birds on this trip I have shared fur love and dog hugs from the pets of total strangers. I have shared smiles and hugs and blown kisses of goodbye to new friends and people I met and clicked with for 15 minutes. 

This joy is what living a travel lifestyle is all about for me.

I am so looking forward to sharing more of my God given skills, gifts, ideas and wisdom with other humans as I travel, as I attend events and when I'm ready as I'm able to share meals and campfires with others because that will happen again.  Right now I feel like I'm finding my travel legs again my camping legs my hiking legs as I take the one hiking stick I have and go down a trail that leads to a creek not far from way the Tracker that sits in the sunshine with a shade tarp hanging off the back in a lovely BLM campsite in a whole other state

Hugs from the road
Keep it simple and travel light and often
Simply,
Lesa 

Comments

  1. I am so happy for you, and so proud of you for living your best life your way. Love you, friend! 💗 Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?