Decisions, decisions

I'm anxious to get moving again.  I've been visiting in one location for quite some time now and I am sure my hosts as well would like a break, I know I get that way myself.  I have been struggling with the idea of getting a loan (omgosh after 7ish years of debt free living!) to buy a vehicle so I can travel a little easier.  I learned from 170 miles of hiking that carrying everything on my back is a kewl idea and it can get old - quickly.  I can live out of a backpack and I would like a few more things than that style of life is giving me at this stage of my life.  So it's probably a good idea, since it might look a little kooky to see a middle aged woman walking on the side of a road dragging a wagon or something, to just buy a car, a mini-van, a van, a small suv --- something.  And big enough to be comfortable and to sleep a night or two in while traveling.  So I've been looking and a found something interesting and I have contacted my credit union ---- and now the wait... (fingers tapping the table...)

I have learned a few things this time, as is usual with travels.  I haven't been very good about buying normal, everyday items off the internet and I just decided to try on buying stuff from Amazon, since I had an address available - it's amazing that the prices are similar to going to a store and they just deliver it to the door --- whodathunk! (go ahead laugh at how long it took me)

I seem to go through stages of amazingly boring down times after some of my adventures.  I border on the depressed, lazy, computer junkie for a week or two as I just barely function, sleep lots, take hot showers - drink pots of hot coffee - want to eat ice cream and potato chips (and sometimes I do).... until - one day or morning I just come to again.  Like I've just recovered and am able to open my eyes completely, the world isn't fuzzy anymore...  and then I'm usually only less than a week away from another adventure.  It's pretty quickly that I can't sit still, start organizing and day-dreaming or planning the next thing.

So the loan officer called - they can't approve me for the amount I would like based on their standard income levels...sooooo back to the drawing board.


PS Oh and the fish in the upper left hand corner of the blog page --- they like to be fed!

Comments

  1. The first rig I lived in was a Vega. Remember those? Big enough to sleep in, with a dog. In the last 35 years I lived in a VW wagon, chevy van, truck camper (3xs), trailer, bus twice, motorhome and now the second 5er. Except for the current more space and payment (ouch) they all worked fine. Good luck on your search. Hope to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh my first car was a Vega! Gaelyn you sure have been at this mobilelifestyle or wheelestate as you call it for a loooooong time!
    I will bring my new-to-me Ford Explorer Sport 'home' next Wednesday! All my ducks getting in their preverbial rows!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?