Here we go dreaming!

I'm simply demo-ing the tiny trailer home in preparation for a remodel to fit my simple, minimalist lifestyle.  Keep in mind that I react with allergic symptoms to many chemicals and especially to propane.... so no propane appliances or fridges or heaters.... they are gone now. A good day or more of hard dirty work and they are outside till I know what to do with them.

When I do travel I like easy and inexpensive maintenance. So I opt for a composting toilet over the need to maintain black tanks and all.

I  keep a pretty tight budget so massive solar systems are off my radar. Besides I have learned to live with a very low need for power. I would prefer no electricity at all, though olive oil lamps or candles can be dangerous especially with a dog. And I have been enjoying the luxury of communicating through Internet using my tablet and phone. So I am hoping to install a small solar system that I tested last winter. At $150 total this one fits my budget. Go here to see that I cant find a picture https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015F4R1RK/ref=cm_sw_r_other_taa_EbGhzb3R0AKYJ

For heat I have chosen to use wood. There are trees in my area and I react less to wood (and to denatured alcohol or sterno)  than to other stuff. I have tried many tiny woodstoves and have been watching the Grizzly stove which is made for tiny homes and travel trailers. When I first saw them they were priced close to  $700 which is way over my budget. Well they are on sale at just $401 now! If I could manage to get one while on sale... I think it would be a great choice for this tiny trailer home.   (I may need help to get this before the summer or the sale is over)





Next is the bathroom...so there was a tiny bathroom with toilet and shower and a sink. I could hardly turn around in the space so i am pulling everything out. I will turn this into a wet bath. I want a C Head composting toilet with an EUD (urine separator). They are running $670! I may have to temporarily use a bucket toilet. These pictures are of a C Head.



Okay and for my decorator buddies.... I  am aiming for this kind of look and color scheme!


 Perhaps tiny additions of flamingo pink?
And I haven't found pictures yet to explain the sea green/teal and white glossy exterior with a small sea foam green stripe that I am envisioning.

I am planning for this tiny trailer home to stay on my property  - tho one never knows what might develop over time.

Anyway... I am concerned that I won't be able to afford the big ticket items that would make this a great home. I don't want to ask for help, but I will simply say that if you are one of those people who have asked how to help me, there is a Donation button on my Web page for this blog and there is also a button to contact me via email. I won't turn down help and will keep you posted on how things are going.

Simply,
Lesa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?