Simply a successful GTG!

and fun too!

Most everyone has moved onto their next location. One person is waiting for another package delivery then rolls out.

We had a great time. I especially liked the new hike and band - we so will continue with those. The weather was good. Company a good mix. 

My GTGs are small in overall size. Though there's room for more campers and even overflow space available. We had 8-10 campers.

Dinner seems to always be a hit! We had between 25-30 this year. I can roasted 3 boneless legs of lamb. We baked 8 loaves of unleavened bread - Lisa helped and we made lots of different flavors. I think the cinnamon and honey was the favorite!

The hike to the Petroglyphs was fantastic! Thanks to my friend and neighbor Tim. Many of us agree that he should start Tim Tours! He is both entertaining and educational as a guide. And thoughtful and kind good qualities for dealing with a group. Even I made it to the top! I got pretty dizzy and faint feeling almost to the top and had to rest until the feeling passed. I also, laugh now cause it probably looked funny, I had to have help getting down.. even scooted on my butt part of the way! But I did it! (Now I will let you in on a little secret, my weight didn't hold me back - I have lost - err let go of - 70 pounds of weight since last year!)

Now - I seem to have a problem thinking about taking pictures. In my efforts to live simply I may have mastered the art of living in the moment when at events like this GTG. So I didn't take any pictures - but my guests did. Some guest pictures are posted on my Facebook group called the Friends of Simply Lesa.

My data is working today so I am typing while riding to my therapy appointment in Flagstaff. 

My daughter and her 2 children are currently in a family shelter in Virginia. They were having difficulty with an abuser from the past threatening the babies and bringing up PTSD symptoms as well as a person using drugs in the presence of the children. They are safe and getting rest while working hard on the next steps. I am glad that I can be an emotional support for them.

That's the updates for now

Keep it simple, people!

Simply,

Lesa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?