Wednesday Weekly Blog 26 April

It's Wednesday again! Sometimes time flies so quickly. I have spent this past week cleaning, thinking, sorting, working with the photos and videos I took in Baja and even further simplifying my own life. 

Being back at the cabin there are a few chores to do and after a nice long winter away there are changes in my perspective.  I am no longer the person I was when I was here the last time. 


You see I embrace the simplifying process that all of us as humans go through it's a reprioritation, a newfound perspective of who we are being in this moment as opposed to who we were in our past. Even at times the past of yesterday!  Think about that for a minute.  -  I've changed I've grown I've explored, I explored who I am in the greater world again I've explored who I am in relationship to other people again something that I had avoided for many years I had practiced very well being alone and it was time to let that go. 

Coming back and walking the property.  Seeing it with new eyes after having been gone on my adventure in Baja, I've decided that I'm not finished with travel! neither am I ready to sit still and wait to die (yes those thoughts seem to run through a little differently as I age). I have decided to simplify my yard. Some of the decisions that I made during covid year were about survival in an apocalyptic zombie laden world and that didn't become a reality. 
My cabin is still very remote it is still wild and beautiful and I am a healthier person a healthier human being when I am outside in close proximity to nature. So I can let go of some of the things that I did in survival  mode and bring this back to a more useful place for me to recharge my soul's batteries!

 I went through my kitchen and made decisions about giving away items that no longer serve me - whew - the process took a couple of hours of actual sitting on the floor touching things remembering how much energy and effort it took to make the decision to purchase the containers to order and purchase and find the money to buy the items and realizing that it really is healthy and best for me to let go of it at this time. And then the actual process of finding a new home for the items and spending time with a person to go over them and see if it's a right fit and not push or pressure any of my emotions or past or processes on to another person as they choose whether to take an item into their life or not.  


It was cold here last night it's just a little above 50 right now and it's 10:00 we had kind of a windy storm yesterday. I'm glad that I had not yet finished an area of fencing that I'm moving because I will adjust it as the wind kind of affected it a lot. So this morning I started a fire in the wood stove and put a water kettle on rather early.

That's all I have for now!
Keep living simply!
Simply,
Lesa






Comments

  1. I live your blogs Lesa. You make me feal like I'm right there with you. The pictures help set the scene as well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?