Wednesday Weekly Simple Living Blog

I am sitting down later in the day today, Wednesday April 19th, 2023 to write and then post for my blog this week.

It is warm inside the cabin here on my property. The wind has been blowing rather hard today, I believe the weather reports predicted 50 mph winds which are pretty likely the speeds. A few things have blown over in the yard - not many as I keep even my yard fairly simple - sure there are decorations like large conch shells and some cinder block edging, a beach sand pail with old shells, a few solar lights and lanterns hang in the juniper trees along with a brass bird feeder, a little hummingbird feeder which happens to be new, a bird waterer....  The wind was cool, so I started a fire earlier to warm a kettle of water as well as the cabin. I love the feeling of a cabin heated by a woodstove. It seems cozier than other forms of heat.





I had lunch today with my dear old friend “Skippedoodle69” - he has recently started a YouTube channel as he is preparing to Phillipine Movin! - like very soon. He has been annoyed with some of the processes of preparing to leave the states for an undetermined amount of time. I understand that he has been preparing for his travels since December and many things have taken more time or a different amount of time than he had planned to accomplish. Things like a minor error in the forms submitted for his Passport resulted in a few extra weeks of correcting the error and waiting for processing.  Anyway - he’s nearly finished and having mixed emotions,  It’s incredible for me to hear how my sharing on YouTube videos and Sunday Simply Live’s, my own adventures and processes have encouraged even this friend to take a step forward and have more adventures!  I did post a YouTube short of us teasing each other as we tested the Wifi connection at a local library - take a look if you like.


I have been working in the yard here, since I returned.  I am reorganizing the yard fencing, driveway and parking situation. I have a plan to create a more weather and wind proof shower room. I am planning to include, as the sink a double bowl stainless steel RV sink that I rescued a few years back. I plan to have it installed in a counter top or stand that is actually tall enough to not give me a back ache. Simplifying the processes and experience here at the cabin will allow me to enjoy my times here as well as reduce the possible worries while I am traveling.


Architechture is so interesting in Baja, Mexico - I went for a walk, looking for a bathroom in Todos Santos and found these cool looking old doors and a very basic shower room. Yes, I did eventually find the bathroom, nothing to write home about - and the hand washing sinks are outside the door - but they function real well!








I am unsure if I can manage all the things that need doing right now - painting some of the eves and the porch roof that never got a first painting, installing some flashing, adding gutters for rain catchment and to prevent errosion, there is interior caulking and trim that never was finished. I also have seen my mechanic Stan to schedule a once over of the Tracker after such a long trip in Baja. We already discussed briefly beefing up the rear springs, we are discussing air bags and a few other things. Stan said my tires look great and are wearing well - I thought I would need a tire rotation - he says not necessary. I should check in with my friend Matt of The Bug Barn in St. John's AZ - he's been interested in helping me to keep my now vintage Tracker looking fantastic! When I need plates again, I will get AZ Vintage plates!


I have Baja videos to work on editing and posting - Thurs and Friday morning were my intended days scheduled for that this week - I will have to see what I can get accomplished. I also need to prepare my class presentation and speaking points for Overland Expo West in Flagstaff in May - which is coming up rather quickly....oh yes, and I need to (tomorrow Lesa - do it tomorrow!) call my doctors office about blood tests and a new MRI. My MS Doctor’s appointment is coming up quickly as well....




That’s all I have to share this week - I still am letting my thoughts from the Baja trip settle as the experiences are showing up in my dream time at night. I appreciate you all and am grateful for your prayers and support.


Keep Living Simply,

I will write again next week on Wednesday

Simply,

Lesa

Comments

  1. Wow-forever antique Tracker plates 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your travel memoir/travelogue. Especially enjoyed your photoshoots on the vintage door. Many plans and things to prepare The Great Spirit will help you, all in great timing. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bernie yes all things in the right time and today's project is to move some things so the rats will go back out in the woods

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?