Simply Why - nope not AZ

I wrote this to the East Coast Nomadic Van n vehicle full timer crowd ... I think it is a good explanation of some of my thoughts on recent changes. ..isn't computer cut and paste great. ..well sometimes.
~~~~

Mee too cuz. I was so disappointed to have missed you by a 2 hour diversion promoted to be an emergency that turned into a traumatic event. ..the escape route led me westerly! (See I can be nice lol)

I have learned so much through my different travels and modes of living.  The big Scamp lesson is that even though I am on SSDisability....low income. ...I don't want to have a sit still lifestyle.  Even nomads can be people who choose to sit still for many days or two weeks or a month or even the 6 months possible with LTVA passes in the South Western US. I like to go and explore. Sure I want to knit or read a book maybe even watch a movie.  Then let's hike to the hot springs and take lunch with us. Or drive 200 or 500 miles to see something new. So and especially so now that I have my new travel buddy Ozzie along - read into that a $300 vet bill to surgical remove cactus thorns imbedded between his toes - and I am ready to lower my monthly overhead.  I can live in a smaller space I'm a minimalist and love the mobile backpack idea. I choose to live with low tech stuff and choose only what really works for me.
My health has improved so some of my prior ideas were based on being okay when I was very sick - like vomiting and diarrhea,  think about bathroom issues and stuff.
Anyway the Scamp rolls right along although she can and does do dirt roads slowly she likes paved roads better than dirt. Lesa wants to go anywhere! If only I could live in a Jeep? The Scamp also sits still well. I wanted that once.  With Ozzie I am outside earlier and stay outside more. Vantucket - the van is great.  Space is good. It's even pretty.  I don't love driving it in the mountains and I want to do more of that. I have done routine maintenance regularly and stuff that came up I had repaired early. It gets great gas mileage at 17.9 mpg. I didn't start this journey two years ago with an emergency fund - I sent back $3000 to buy a van and spent $1100 on another one for someone else first then moved them half way across the country before they helped get mine for the original price of $900. Of course right away I needed tires and a radiator and clothes because I had been living in Costa Rica! I wasn't prepared for winter in the US. Anyway - when I was approved for a credit card with a $2000 limit I was thinking that it would be my emergency fund.  It has been and after the maintenance and repairs that card is maxed out.  After nearly ten years of living debt free, I don't like living with debt. I borrowed more to get the Scamp because I thought that I would have to sit still for a year or so,  at least for the winter and not move to start getting caught up and work on that emergency fund.  Then Ozzie came into my life and gave me some hope, comfort and a reason to get my often depressed butt out of the van. ...and some really good friends reminded me that I am worthwhile and I am no longer depressed and the financial struggle is on a budgeted path - yeah!  So I didn't think that I could make a change in vehicles though with the support of friends and a few new ideas - why the heck not.....so up for sale.  Send out some prayers for confidence and a smooth transition that is good for many and a new adventure is on!

BTW that pretty kewl other van I bought is available as a project van in the Little Rock AR area for $1000 it's a 6 cylinder 1994 Chevy Mach III conversation TV top shorty passenger van. I know it is running and being used though that mechanic recently bought a pickup as a daily driver.....

Didn't mean to write a book but I would like to share how changes can happen to us all.  I'm going to copy this as a blog post for today!

Later cuz-es (is that even a term?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stranded with bad engine! July 28 2023

Keep it Simple - huh?